Non-Surgical Gynecomastia Treatment
Under the heading Nonsurgical Treatment of Gynecomastia, the procedures intended for “natural solution to gynecomastia” or “natural treatment of gynecomastia” and their effectiveness are discussed.
- Since gynecomastia observed in adolescence regress spontaneously to a considerable extent, it is necessary to wait for the end of adolescence period. For adolescents, just the act of waiting itself is one of the natural ways of treating gynecomastia.
- If any drug, nutrient or disease has been identified to be the cause of gynecomastia, it is necessary to focus primarily on the elimination of this cause and wait for a year on average to see if there is a decrease in breast volume. Discontinuing the drugs, hormones or nutritional supplements that cause gynecomastia is also one of the non-surgical treatments of gynecomastia.
- For those who consume alcohol excessively, quitting alcohol is another natural solution to gynecomastia.
- When overweight people and those whose body mass index is in the obese category get down to their normal weight, somewhat enlargement is observed in their breasts. Weight loss through a healthy diet and exercise, which is one of the foremost methods among the natural remedies for gynecomastia, will lead to a reduction in breast size. Weight loss is a very effective method especially in cases of pseudogynecomastia observed in obese patients. However, in most cases, gynecomastia cannot be treated naturally with the weight loss method alone.
- Some fat burning creams claimed to treat gynecomastia without surgery are being advertised on the Internet. However, the effectiveness of such creams has not been proven based on scientific criteria. The same applies to some herbal products sold under the title “natural solution to gynecomastia”. Far from being beneficial, such products can have unexpected side effects and may cause harmful effects on the body by interacting with other drugs used.
- Ultrasonic wave or beam devices applied externally to the breast are another method claimed to be a natural solution to the problem of large breasts in men, i.e. gynecomastia. Although such devices achieve reduction in the fat tissue of the breast to a certain extent, this effect is both inadequate and temporary in most cases. On the other hand, they have no effect on enlarged breast tissues.
- Unfortunately, there is no drug or method with proven effect that provides a healthy and permanent regression of idiopathic (with no known cause) gynecomastia in adult men. If such a non-surgical gynecomastia treatment were available, no one would prefer having surgery and no physician would perform surgical treatment. According to statistics in the United States, gynecomastia surgery is the fourth most common surgical procedure performed on men.
Can Gynecomastia Be Treated With Exercise?
Since exercise is the first method that comes to mind as one of the natural remedies for gynecomastia, the question of whether gynecomastia can be treated with exercise is asked very often. If you are overweight or obese and you lose weight through exercise, you can also achieve a slight decrease in breast volume, in a sense, you can non-surgically treat gynecomastia with exercise. However, natural treatment of gynecomastia with exercise is not possible in most cases
Unfortunately, doing exercises involving the chest muscles (pectoral muscles) located just below the enlarged breast tissue in men is not a non-surgical method of gynecomastia treatment. While aiming to reduce breast sizes with this method, the opposite effect may occur. In consequence of intense exercises, the chest muscle with increased mass pushes forward the breast tissue on it, making it more prominent.
In short, intense exercises targeting the chest muscles are not a nonsurgical gynecomastia treatment method. In the light of this information, as an answer to the question of whether gynecomastia can be treated with exercise, we can say that doing exercise can be helpful in the treatment of some types of gynecomastia where there is excess fat tissue, but it does not eliminate it completely.
Does Gynecomastia Go Away On Its Own?
The vast majority of gynecomastia cases observed during adolescence resolve spontaneously at an advanced age, after hormone levels in the blood get balanced. Similarly, in cases of gynecomastia due to the use of drugs or substances or certain foods, a decrease in breast size can be observed within a year after the discontinuation of such intakes. In a sense, gynecomastia is treated non-surgically.
If there is an underlying disease that may cause gynecomastia, it should be treated first and the condition should be monitored to see if there is any regression. There may be an improvement in the appearance of gynecomastia when overweight people get down to their normal weight. On the other hand, if gynecomastia is still present a year after all possible causes have been eliminated, surgical treatment may be considered.
In cases of idiopathic gynecomastia, the majority of which consist of idiopathic (cause unknown) gynecomastia cases in adult men, gynecomastia is not expected to resolve spontaneously and aesthetic surgery procedures are performed.
How is Gynecomastia Concealed?
Flattening “gynecomastia compression shirts” can be worn under the clothes to prevent the appearance of large breasts from being noticed from the outside. Wrapping the chest area with bandages and wearing loose clothing are other methods used for this purpose.
Although it can be possible to prevent large breasts from being noticed from the outside in this way but these methods are not sustainable and applicable in all cases. Large breasts continue to be a problem; especially during sports activities such as swimming that require taking clothes off.
Can Gynecomastia (Breast Enlargement in Men) Be Treated With Medication?
Unfortunately, there is no magic medication that can cure the gynecomastia without the need for surgical intervention. If there is any disease that causes gynecomastia and if it can be treated with medication, indirect medical treatment of gynecomastia can also be expected. However, in the vast majority of cases, no cause can be identified and there is no option other than surgical treatment.
How Can Excess Fat Deposits In Men Be Eliminated?
If the excess fat deposition in the breast areas of men is a part of the fat deposition in all regions due to excess weight, weight loss should be the first option to consider.
If there is still significant amount of excess fat deposits in the breasts despite getting down to the normal weight, the most effective and permanent treatment procedure is liposuction which is intended for the removal of excess fat with the help of thin cannulas. Since his procedure permanently reduces the number of fat cells in the breast area, the previous deformity does not recur in the breasts even if the person regains weight.
Is Any Herbal Treatment Available for Gynecomastia?
I see websites on the Internet which market some herbal products claimed to treat gynecomastia. Far from treating gynecomastia, such products can even lead to health problems when they are used unconsciously. Do not try to treat yourself with such products; instead, consult a physician first to investigate the cause of your breast enlargement.
Maybe there is a more serious underlying disease and you are trying to treat yourself without being aware of it, causing a serious delay in the diagnosis and treatment of that disease.
Is There Any Gynecomastia Cream?
Although there are some creams claimed to break down the fat cells under the skin when applied to the surface of the skin, there is no scientific study proving that such creams are effective in the treatment of gynecomastia. Unfortunately, such creams or herbal products are marketed with intent to exploit people who are afraid of surgical treatment and those who are in search of an easier, cheaper and more practical solution.
Is It Possible To Get Rid Of Gynecomastia By Exercising?
Unfortunately, gynecomastia cannot be eliminated by exercising. If you are overweight, exercising to build muscle and lose weight may have an indirect benefit in this regard. However, exercises intended to improve the chest muscles will not help reduce the enlarged breast tissue on the chest muscles; on the contrary, gynecomastia becomes more prominent as the mass of the chest muscles increases push the overlying breast tissue further forward.