Changing the nasal tip in such a way as to obtain the ideal dimensions, shape and proportions constitutes an important part of rhinoplasty operations. In tip rhinoplasty that requires technical experience in the highest degree; millimetric changes are the key to success in terms of aesthetic appearance and functions.
– In side views, the nasal tip may be seen longer or shorter than normal. Such abnormalities must be corrected. The proportion of the nasal tip’s height to the nose length is about 0.67. When making arrangements in the cartilage structures for shortening a long nasal tip, the abnormalities developing in the nasal wings and nostrils due to the decreased height should be resolved simultaneously.
– The nasal tip must be aligned with the nasal ridge (in men), or must be one or a two mm ahead of it (in women).
– The nasal tip-upper lip angle is 90 degrees in men, and a little bit more in women.
– When viewed from the front, the nasal tip must be between the imaginary lines drawn down along the both sides of the nasal ridge from the eyebrows. It is important to narrow down a nasal tip, which is wider and flat more than normal, while keeping the structure of the nasal wings and the respiratory functions undeformed.
– Nasal wings can be wider than normal, but can also be thinner and weaker than normal. In such a case, the nostrils could be closed because it cannot resist the negative pressure that occurs during nasal respiration. Shaping the nasal wings aesthetically and functionally is of vital importance for achieving a successful result, as well.
– Asymmetries in the nostril can be corrected, and nostrils smaller or bigger than normal can be resized in normal limits by means of suitable surgical techniques.
– In Tip Rhinoplasty, the above mentioned factors should be considered in all rhinoplasty operations, in order to make the nasal tip compatible with aesthetic norms.
– The skin covering the nasal tip can be thinner than normal, but it is usually more fatty and thicker than normal. The reabsorption of the edema that has occurred after surgery in that area, and the formation of the nose’s final appearance can take 6-12 months.
– Sometimes, just correcting the nasal tip without intervening in the nasal bones can be adequate to obtain a beautiful and functional nose; and in such cases, the postoperative period progresses more easily.
To get information about Tip Rhinoplasty, please fill out the contact form.
Prof. Dr. Cengiz Açıkel, Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Tip Rhinoplasty.
Frequently Asked Questions About Rhinoplasty:
How Many Hours does Rhinoplasty Take?
Anesthesia in Rhinoplasty
What is the Suitable Age for Rhinoplasty?
Closed Technique in Rhinoplasty
Open Technique in Rhinoplasty
Can Nasal Septum Deviation and Breathing Problems be solved with Rhinoplasty?
What can be Change with Rhinoplasty?
Why is Rhinoplasty Difficult?
For Whom Rhinoplasty Can be performed?
Surgical Techniques for Rhinoplasty
Advantages and Disadvantages of Open Technique Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty in Men and Women
Packs and Molds after Rhinoplasty
New Appearance after Rhinoplasty
Complications of Rhinoplasty